Job Description & Requirements
- Primary responsibilities include efficiently and accurately performing any combination of receiving, storing and distributing tasks to assist in the distribution of product.
- Familiarity with all applicable equipment and provide quality inspections on all related items
- Loads/unloads stacks and moved items as assigned
- Sort, bundle and fill containers or place in assembled units
- Mark or place identifying labels on product loads, ensuring that all finished product is coded properly
- Record movement of stock in and out of work areas
- Load and unload trucks
- Monitor materials, products and equipment at each step of the process and reports irregularities
- Completes all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner
- Ability to maintain a valid forklift license issued by the Company
- Maintains a clean, sanitary and safe work area
- Use all personal protective equipment provided by the company in compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Adhere to food safety and quality system requirements by committing to meet all pertinent regulatory, customer and SQF requirements
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
- Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1 year experence required.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs, frequently lift and/or move above shoulder height, stand, walk, kneel and bend required for virtually the entire shift.
- Must be able to work in a cold, wet environment where temperature is maintained at 35-40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For ice cream plants: Must be able to work in a cold/wet environment where the temperature is maintained at 22 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Overtime and working on holidays is often required.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to pass all pre*employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
California applicants, click here for information regarding the data collection notice for California Consumer Privacy Act.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed