The Delivery Driver is responsible for the safe operation of a refrigerated box truck from a company branch or plant location to deliver merchandise to customers, while abiding by all motor vehicle laws and applicable commercial driver regulations. Responsibilities include interacting with customers; loading and unloading product from the vehicle; and ensuring product is set up and displayed for sale according to company standards.
Specific duties include:
- Maintain distribution of all authorized company products at customer locations.
- Operate a commercial motor vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating between 10,000 pounds and 26,000 pounds.
- Deliver product to customers in an efficient, timely, courteous and accurate manner.
- Check load security prior to travel and at each stop, making adjustments when needed.
- Load or unload cases of product manually, with assistance of hook or hand truck. Ensure load is properly secured before moving vehicle. Collect empty cases and return to DFA Dairy Brands facility.
- Ensure that all products are merchandised to the plan-o-gram.
- Stock and/or rotate producton shelves or in cold room.
- Ensure sufficient route inventory levels to meet customer demands while adhering to account inventory control and company distribution procedures.
- Timely submit all customer paperwork, including invoices, load orders, and handheld reports.
- Complete all daily DOT and customer paperwork including delivery tickets, pre- and post-trip inspections, driver logs, and vehicle service reports.
- Complete assigned route and tasks within DOT time regulations and ensure rest time requirements are observed. Comply with all state and federal Department of Motor Vehicle and Department of Transportation regulations
- Follow all required work safe practices, including wearing Personal Protective Equipment at all times required by policy and/or law.
- Responsible for maintaining food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality for designated area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- No prior commercial driving experience required. Maintain valid state driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Must be at least 18 years old and able to pass all pre-employment screens (including driving record, drug, background and criminal)
- Must be able to meet federal and/or state medical qualification standards for commercial drivers.
- Must successfully complete a company-sponsored driver training program within 60 days of hire or transfer.
- Willing to work flexible hours, including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Able to drive, stand, walk, kneel, lift and bend for an entire shift. Must be able to balance (pulling product, climbing in and out of truck). Able to repeatedly lift and move up to six cases with assistance of hand truck (cases weigh 20 to 55 lbs. each).
- Able to work in indoor and outdoor environments with temperatures commonly ranging from 34-120 degrees F, moderate noise, and slippery surfaces.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently, in a fast-paced environment.