Job Description & Requirements
- The General Sanitation Operator is responsible for ensuring optimum quality products through completing proper cleanup and sanitation tasks by following regulatory standards, ensuring the production/process areas are both clean and sterile.
- Perform the basic housekeeping to include clean floors, walls, ceiling, air vents, lights, etc., of the plant, equipment, and exterior of all equipment.
- Accomplish pre-operations check on all product contact surfaces including pumps, valves, agitators, alcoves and clamps before start up.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Complete duties as assigned through (Insert facility specific sanitation program (MP2, etc)
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 6 months experience required.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Must be able to stand, walk, push or pull a majority of the day.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently and manually stack and move cases up to 6-8 cases high.
- Must be able to work in an environment where the temperature is maintained at minus 22 degrees Fahrenheit using appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all pre*employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
California applicants, click here for information regarding the data collection notice for California Consumer Privacy Act.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed